Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm back!

It's been a very long time since I've written here. I wish I could say I have been swamped with writing assignments, but that's not all true. I have been keeping busy with some small articles but that's it. So....what have I been up to? I do teach preschool full time in a public school so that takes up most of my time. Any writing I do is in my spare time, which is few and far between since I am a wife, and a mom to two boys ages 10 and 11.

I just filled out a Product Writer's Test for Lakeshore Learning Materials. I hope to hear something from them soon. Being a teacher, it is a dream to create learning materials for such a known and well-respected educational company. I hope I did well on my writing test.

I have also been thinking about going back to college and get my Masters Degree in Educational Administration. There is a program that is in a weekend format and I can be done in 6 semesters (summer, fall, spring, summer, fall, spring). It starts this summer. I am hoping to get a scholarship that will pay the tuition for my classes. If I can get that, then I am going to go for it and start my classes this summer. I applied to Graduate School and was accepted. Now, I am just waiting to hear from the scholarship committee. Unfortunately, if I don't get the scholarship, I don't think I can pursue that degree at the moment. At $300 per credit hour, and with 37 credits, it's not cheap. I do know that if I start school this summer, I will be limited on what writing projects I can take on. You know how it goes, haven't got an assignment for months, but if I start my classes, I will get assignment offers left and right!!

I will keep everyone posted on what's going on. Thanks for reading!
~B

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi, best of luck. I wish you well and I hope you get the help you need. Our oldest daughter, Lydia is the Assistant Principal of First Flight High School in Nag Head N C. She is struggling with her doctorate in Educational Administration, going through the same problems.

    I've had some good luck. Please visit my blog and see.

    http://www.atkinsontimekeeper.com/

    ReplyDelete