Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Lenox Drinks of the Season Blogging Contest
I am entering a blogging contest with Lenox and Twittermoms. I am blogging about my favorite drink of the Christmas season.
My favorite drink is: Poinsettia Mimosas I found this recipie a few years ago and thought it was great. Here's how you make it:
* 3 or 4 tangerines (optional)
* Maraschino cherries (optional)
* 3 cups cranberry juice, chilled
* 1/4 cup Triple Sec, other orange liqueur, or orange juice
* 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice or grenadine syrup
* 1 750-milliliter bottle champagne or sparkling apple juice, or one 32-ounce bottle carbonated water or lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
1. If using tangerines, use a vegetable peeler or a thin sharp knife to thinly peel the tangerines (refrigerate fruit for another use). Trim peel to form about 6-inch-long spirals. Place a tangerine spiral in each chilled champagne glass, or set spirals aside to add to the rims. If desired, place 1 or 2 maraschino cherries in each glass.
2. In a glass pitcher, combine cranberry juice, Triple Sec, and maraschino cherry juice.
3. For each serving, pour about 1/4 cup cranberry juice mixture into each champagne glass. Add about 1/4 cup champagne, filling glass nearly to the top. Gently stir with an up-and-down motion to mix the drink without destroying the carbonation of the champagne. Makes 12 to 14 (4-ounce) servings.Click here for details